How to Remove Grease Stains from Carpet – Method # 1
Whether It's cooking grease or machinery grease that needs to be removed, this method is something you can do when removing grease stains from your Chandler az carpet.
Grease can be a bit tricky to remove and the sooner you can treat it, the better. The methods below are meant to remove food ,engine grease or oil stains,
- Blot up as much of the grease stain as possible; you’ll then want to apply a substance like cornmeal, since it acts as an absorbent.
- Take a brush with stiff bristles and brush the stain to break it up.
- If the grease is still visible, apply a dry-cleaning solvent (Afta Cleaning Fluid is a good one to try) using a clean sponge.
- Apply a dry spotter to the stained area. A dry spotter is made by combining 8 parts liquid dry-cleaning solvent and 1-part coconut oil. Mineral oil, though not as effective, can also be substituted for coconut oil.
- Using an absorbent pad, cover the stain with more dry spotter.
- As the pad continues to pick up the stain, you’ll see that this answers the question of how to remove grease stains from carpet.
How to Get Grease Out of Carpet – Method # 2
Another way to tackle the task of how to remove grease stains from your carpet in chandler az involves using white vinegar.
- Using a bit of water, sponge the stain.
- Apply a few drops of white vinegar, along with a wet spotter. A wet spotter is made of one part dishwashing detergent, one part glycerine and eight parts water (shake it well and store in a plastic water bottle).
- Pour a generous amount of wet spotter onto an absorbent pad. Place the pad directly onto the grease stain.
- Change the absorbent pad as the grease stain gradually disappears.
- You can repeat steps 1 through 3, flushing the grease stain with water.
- how to remove grease and oil from your chandler az carpet